sâmbătă, 19 ianuarie 2013

1UP RSS feed:

1UP RSS feed
1UP's latest news feed - the #1 source for gaming news.
thumbnail Bask in the Glory of the Killer is Dead Trailer
Jan 18th 2013, 21:09

spot

Earlier this week, I expressed my concern over Cyberpunk 2077's announcement teaser. Although undeniably beautiful, the CG trailer featured no clues as to how the game will actually play when it's released in, at the earliest, 2015. In my article, I bemoaned the fact that video games are announced far too early, leading to lengthy hype trains that have a tendency to derail during their long and arduous expedition. Well, it's just a few days later, and I find myself looking at the first trailer for Killer is Dead, the newest effort from Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture, and saying to myself, "This is how it should be done."

Although we had a name and a few pieces of concept art when the game was announced last year, details on Killer is Dead have been kept close to the vest until now, which is great considering that this trailer gives us everything we need to know along with the fantastic news that it's set to release this summer. Yes, you heard that right -- you won't have to wait until some sort of strange future-year to get your hands on this one, which is all the better when you see just how great the game looks. Killer is Dead seems to exist in a space between Killer7 and No More Heroes. While the cast is filled with over-the-top assassins and the action leans towards the blade-variety, the visual style is a direct evolution of Grasshopper's earlier work on Killer7. 1UP/IGN art guru Eric Sapp described it as Suda moving his stark, vintage imagery into the world of HD and viewing it through the lens of Lomography. I'm not entirely sure what that art-talk means, but damn if it doesn't look all sorts of pretty.

thumbnail In Defense of Our Culture
Jan 18th 2013, 21:04

Feature

Header

In Defense of Our Culture

Why video games shouldn't settle for being relegated to condescension and pithy references.

By: Seth Macy January 18, 2013

I think we deserve better as nerds. While I don't self-identify as a nerd per se, I do exhibit many behaviors that are considered nerdy. I like to play video games, tinker with computers, and drop Simpsons quotes in casual conversations. I enjoy fantasy novels and losing myself in thought as I imagine a world of wonder unfolding before my eyes, when I should instead be listening to someone talk or yielding to pedestrians.

Perhaps you have some nerd tendencies or actively call yourself a "nerd." I have to imagine you enjoy gaming, seeing as how you're reading this site, and so for the sake of ease, I will refer to us as "nerds." I believe that while society is actively marketing nerdery as a desirable trait, we are still seen as frightening or pitiable outsiders, hacking away at credit card information from our basement strongholds. It seems like nerd culture has taken center stage in the past few years, and yet nerd acceptance has gained no real ground whatsoever.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu