joi, 10 ianuarie 2013

1UP RSS feed:

1UP RSS feed
1UP's latest news feed - the #1 source for gaming news.
thumbnail Fire Emblem Awakening: Killing for Keeps
Jan 10th 2013, 17:54

Let there be no question about it: Unless you play it on the optional easy mode, the latest entry in Nintendo's long-running Fire Emblem series -- Awakening -- features the series' much-vaunted permanent death feature. Lose an ally (besides one of the handful of characters who play a load-bearing role for the plot) in combat and they're gone forever. Let the protagonist die and it's an instant game over. Fire Emblem offers no quarter unless you opt for mercy.

thumbnail Why StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm's Story Might Not Be Good, and Why It Probably Won't Matter
Jan 9th 2013, 22:37

1UP COVER STORY

Header

1UP COVER STORY | WEEK OF JANUARY 7 | ODDS 'N ENDS

Why StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm's Story Might Not Be Good, and Why It Probably Won't Matter

Cover Story: Can Blizzard still deliver a narrative that makes amends for the decade-long wait?

E

veryone complains about waiting a year to find out what happens next in serialized television shows like Mad Men and Game of Thrones. Try waiting for 12.

That was roughly how long I waited following StarCraft: Brood War's bitter conclusion, which ended with the Zerg Queen of Blades vanquishing all of her rivals and becoming the dominant power in the Korpulu Sector. I knew there would be more. There had to be more. I just didn't realize I would have to wait more than a decade to get it.

thumbnail Artorias of the Abyss and a Worthwhile Return to Lordran
Jan 9th 2013, 21:00

Feature

1UP COVER STORY

Header

1UP COVER STORY | WEEK OF JANUARY 7 | ODDS 'N ENDS

Artorias of the Abyss and a Worthwhile Return to Lordran

Cover Story: From Software's DLC gives Dark Souls veterans a valid excuse to replay one of 2011's best RPGs.

I

f you peeked into my house over the weekend, you'd swear it was late 2011; for hours, I sat glued to my couch in front of Dark Souls, a sad addict once again having my strings pulled by the puppetmasters at From Software. After finally finishing off the game last spring, I reflected on my triumph with pride, but knew I'd never be able to justify sinking even more time into such a long and involving RPG -- just about everything released during the game's greatest period of relevance passed me by completely. (I'll get to you someday, Batman: Arkham City.)

And yet, here I sit close to a year later, a total hypocrite, with roughly 20 more hours added to my Dark Souls clock, and a handful of unplayed games that saw another weekend pass without any attention sent their way. The blame can be placed squarely on the shoulders of Artorias of the Abyss, an atypical chunk of DLC that promises to scratch that Dark Souls itch if you're looking for a reason to dip back into the terrifying world of Lordran. And a good reason was really all I needed.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu